We may collect certain information or data about you when you use our website.
- Forms you complete, questions, queries or feedback you leave, including your email address if you send an email to our website
- Your IP address, and details of which version of web browser you used
- Information on how you use the site, using cookies and page tagging techniques to help us improve the website
- Details to allow you to access our services and transactions, e.g. an email address (you’ll always be told when this information is being collected, and it will only be used for the purpose you provide it for)
This helps us to:
- Deal with your enquiry
- Meet our statutory obligations
- Prevent and detect fraud
- Conduct our own surveys and research
- Improve the site by monitoring how you use it
- Respond to any feedback you send us, if you’ve asked us to
- Provide you with information about our services if you want it
We can’t personally identify you using your data.
We store your data on our secure servers in the UK or in the EEA.
It may also be stored outside of Europe, where it could be viewed by our staff or suppliers. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this.
Keeping your data secure
Transmitting information over the internet is generally not completely secure, and we can’t guarantee the security of your data.
Any data you transmit is at your own risk.
We have procedures and security features in place to try and keep your data secure once we receive it.
We won’t share your information with any other organisations for marketing, market research or commercial purposes, and we don’t pass on your details to other websites. Any payment transactions are always encrypted.
Disclosing your information
We collect your information to allow us to inform you, and to keep you informed, about properties we believe meet the criteria you have defined for a potential home. Where a scheme is managed by an estate agent we will pass your information to this estate agent so they can communicate with you in relation to the scheme you have specified an interest in.
- Other departments within the Council (including the Councillors)
- Central government departments
- Law enforcement agencies
- Other organisations which deal with, or handle, public funds
- Organisations set up under Acts of Parliament
- Organisations which provide community services
- Contractors that process data on our behalf
We may also use and disclose information, in ways which do not identify individuals, for research and strategic development purposes.
You can find out what information we hold about you by making a Subject Access Request.
Links to other websites
Our website contains links to and from other websites.
Following a link to another website
Following a link to our website from another website
Data Protection legislation gives rights to individuals in respect to personal data held about them.
Under Data Protection legislation, we have a legal requirement to ensure that all personal information is kept secure, accurate, up to date, and is only used for the purposes it was collected, subject only to exceptions specified in Data Protection legislation.
The Information Commissioner is responsible for ensuring that individuals and organisations look after your personal data in keeping with the law. You can read more about data protection on Information Commissioner’s Office.
Freedom of Information (FOI)
For more information see the Freedom of Information Act 2000. You can read more about freedom of information at the Information Commissioner’s Office.